Friday, December 27, 2013

There's a Want in the World

There's a want in the world
       Not a need you can spot
They've cropped the top, then enlarged it to fit a lot
       They want what they want and they won't allow change,
A desire for power and control is the crave.
       No room in their hearts, they won't reserve a place,
I dry my eyes as I try, but things tend to stay the same.
       I'm tired of these people, all their antics and their games,
And there's one person similar in the way she was trained
       I tried to be different, but now we might be alike
Since now I have a want, and that's you by my side.
       Someone to stand with, Pacing by my every stride.
Comfortable with herself, and I can see it in her eyes.
       She needs room to grow
I hope you know you're not alone
       I hope you know I have a heart, and I;m not made of stone.
I like that you have a want, but first you obtained your needs
And if we could all do that it would erase the world's greed
The amount of things I've thought about is steep.
All thanks to you, and the intrigue that you bring.