Monday, April 4, 2016

C is for Communion

#AtoZchallenge


Image result for the last supper
 
One will betray me, though many others already have
They lie, they cheat, they steal, they go behind my back
For 25 pieces of silver, the price of a mere slave
Not even sold as a King, who came to Earth to save

I eat my last meal with those people I call my friends
How many will remember me once I meet my end?
Will I only be remembered on the First Sunday of Every Month?
Though many people have never met me, if I may be truly blunt

Then they want passage into my Kingdom, passage into my home
Though my life, my battle, my story, these same people have never known

One will betray Him, though many others already have
He came to save your soul, a few thousand years in the past

For 25 pieces of silver, the price of a mere slave
You know not what you do, but now that fact is changed

He ate his last meal with those people He called his friends
Then He died on the cross to cleanse us of our sins

Will He only be remembered on the First Sunday of Every Month?
With a small glass of wine, a small bread caused crunch

Then they want passage into His Kingdom, passage into His home

Though they’ll be left to a blazing Hell, fearful, all alone