Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fill in the Blank

Interaction has been low lately, so for my Google+ers leave a comment that fills in the blank at the bottom. I've finally gotten through my writing block :)

I'm looked past when you start to look around
I know that I'm only 5 feet off the ground
Yet, those words don't just describe me physically
I decree that I'm all that I can be
I know, that many are called but very few are chosen
But can anyone hear these brimming words that I've spoken

Many times my heart has been broken
New spectators give me old vicissitudes
I know sometimes I forget where i am going
I get discouraged by critical multitudes

I know how it feels to be broke, tattered, used
People you thought were cool would soon leave you confused
Covering the pain with wicked fake smile
Then you call it futile after you do it for a while

I know how it is to only want recognition
Even more when you're skilled from the field to the kitchen
When you surpass what others do, but they get all the praise
When you race better days when instead it's a chase
Life will catch you in its pace
It's a battle you can't fight and expect to leave unscathed
It can kill you plenty ways
Take a laugh in your face
But for those with lesser talent it doesn't to be the case

I simply want to display; let people see what I have done
Give me a chance to conquer over only wanting to be loved
So when you can see like me, or feel like your labor's vain
I'll no longer feel so pressed to explain all this pain

Let Me _____________